Accessibility and Usability of Mobile Platforms for People with Disabilities and Elderly Persons: Design, Development and Engineering
This special thematic session invites contributions on the accessibility and usability of mobile platforms. Mobile platforms refer to any mobile hardware and software such as smartphones, tablets etc.Every day new apps are being created for public use. Many of these apps, however, are not suited to be used by elderly people or people with disabilities.Meanwhile, demographics are changing worldwide and an ever-increasing number of elderly people are interested in taking advantage of mobile technology.This Special Thematic Session (STS) invites contributions on all aspects of the accessibility and usability of mobile platforms including:
- accessibility issues of mobile platforms eg. apps and related solutions
- guidelines for app developers to ensure accessibility
- new interaction modalities such as gesture and speech input- successful case studies in development or deployment of accessible apps
- accessibility and usability tests of mobile platforms
- future accessibility trends for mobile platforms
Alireza Darvishy, Zurich University Of Applied Sciences
Contributions to a STS have to be submitted using the standard submission procedures of ICCHP24.
When submitting your contribution please make sure to select the right STS from the drop-down list "Special Thematic Session". Contributions to a STS are evaluated by the Programme Committee of ICCHP-AAATE and by the chair(s) of the STS. Please get in contact with the STS chair(s) for discussing your contribution and potential involvement in the session.